Thursday, March 26, 2009

Rider Gives In, Tattoos Chainring Mark on Right Calf

Martin Chenowyth has been a member of the Slocum Valley Wheelmen for nine years, and in that time, “I can’t count how many times I’ve come back from a ride with a friggin’ chainring mark on my leg. I finally figured, what the hell – might as well get the damned thing tattooed,” explains Chenowyth. “It’s there all the time anyway. At least this way, it won’t get grease on my clothes.”

“Honestly, I don’t know why quite a few others don’t get tattooed as well. It’s not like I’m the only one who always seems to have a chainring mark on my leg,” Chenowyth continues. “But perhaps I’m the only one not in denial.”

Other club members were skeptical of Chenowyth’s decision. “Well, if he’s gotten it tattooed, and he ends up with a chainring mark after every ride anyway, won’t he now have two?” asks Carl Tremaine.

“It’s a fair question,” says Chenowyth. “Truth is, after each ride, I’ve got four or five. At least now, I can say one is deliberate.”

Other SVW club members voiced support. “I think it’s pretty cool,” says Tracy Holister, “I dig a guy with a tat – even if it is just greasy tooth marks. Rowrr!”

Chenowyth’s wife, however, was not amused.

“At first he says ‘I want a tattoo’ and I’m thinking, great! Something sexy and manly,” says Rhonda Chenowyth. “But then he gets these damn toothmarks on his calf. Oooh!! Take me now, you sexy beast! The only difference I noticed was that the checkbook was about $300 lower this month. Idiot.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bookmark and Share